We are committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our residents.
In order to comply with the Montana Code Annotated (Montana Code Annotated 70-24-303), Montana judicial law, and Missoula Property Management standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property:
- The property is professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements including appliances operate as designed.
- Caulking in the kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew.
- The doors and locks are all functioning properly.
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens must be in good condition.
In order to comply with both internal and state rental housing requirements, including the Montana Code Annotated Habitability Requirements, every property must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be ‘Rent-Ready’.
- Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’
- Carpet professionally cleaned and looking fresh
- All painted surfaces fresh with no mis-match touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner
- No personal property or items in the unit. This includes: furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispenser, pictures, etc.
- Garage floor swept
- No exterior debris
- Lawn cut and trimmed
- Landscaping fresh and clean
- Carbon monoxide detectors installed within 15 feet of each bedroom and one on each level
- Smoke detector on each floor
- Smoke detector in each bedroom
- Sliding door(s) must have vertical blinds
- All light bulbs working
- Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew
- All mechanical components working as designed. Includes: HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, swamp coolers, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Safety railings secure
- All windows (except basement windows) should have vertical or mini blinds
- No draperies on windows
- All windows should have screens
- All bedroom windows must have vertical or mini-blinds
- No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- Exterior window wells require covers
This list is not meant to cover each and every make-ready required item, but it does list some of the most important and often overlooked ones.
Latest Featured News
Getting a Property Ready For a New Tenant
Getting a property ready for a new tenant involves several steps to ensure that the property is in good condition and that all legal requirements are met. The steps may include: Cleaning: The property will be thoroughly cleaned, including the carpets, floors, and...
What Happens After a Tenant Moves Out
After a tenant moves out, there are several steps that a property management company or a landlord must take to prepare the property for new tenants and to ensure that any necessary repairs or cleaning are performed. These steps may include: Move-out inspection: The...
Best Things to Do During the Holidays in Missoula
Missoula offers a variety of activities and events during the holiday season that are sure to get you in the holiday spirit. Here are some of the best things to do during the holidays in Missoula: Visit the Christmas Stroll: The annual Christmas Stroll is a favorite...