We are committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our residents.
In order to comply with the Montana Code Annotated (Montana Code Annotated 70-24-303), Montana judicial law, and Missoula Property Management standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property:
- The property is professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements including appliances operate as designed.
- Caulking in the kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew.
- The doors and locks are all functioning properly.
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens must be in good condition.
In order to comply with both internal and state rental housing requirements, including the Montana Code Annotated Habitability Requirements, every property must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be ‘Rent-Ready’.
- Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’
- Carpet professionally cleaned and looking fresh
- All painted surfaces fresh with no mis-match touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner
- No personal property or items in the unit. This includes: furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispenser, pictures, etc.
- Garage floor swept
- No exterior debris
- Lawn cut and trimmed
- Landscaping fresh and clean
- Carbon monoxide detectors installed within 15 feet of each bedroom and one on each level
- Smoke detector on each floor
- Smoke detector in each bedroom
- Sliding door(s) must have vertical blinds
- All light bulbs working
- Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew
- All mechanical components working as designed. Includes: HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, swamp coolers, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Safety railings secure
- All windows (except basement windows) should have vertical or mini blinds
- No draperies on windows
- All windows should have screens
- All bedroom windows must have vertical or mini-blinds
- No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- Exterior window wells require covers
This list is not meant to cover each and every make-ready required item, but it does list some of the most important and often overlooked ones.
Latest Featured News
Congratulations on becoming a new rental property owner! Owning and managing rental properties can be a lucrative and rewarding venture, but it also comes with its fair share of responsibilities. One of the most critical aspects of successful property ownership is...
The real estate landscape in Missoula, Montana, is dynamic and ever-evolving. As a property owner or investor, staying informed about the latest trends and shifts in the market is crucial for making informed decisions and maximizing the potential of your real estate...
Missoula, Montana, is a city known for its natural beauty, vibrant community, and a real estate market that offers a diverse range of opportunities for property buyers, investors, and renters. If you're considering entering the Missoula real estate market, it's...